Thursday, July 30, 2009

the Twilight bandwagon...

.

I didn't want to do it. I really didn't want to do it.

Let me start this post by reiterating that. I did not want to jump on the Twilight bandwagon. Seriously. I mean, I love me some Harry Potter. I do. And I thought that if I started reading Twilight, I'd be cheating on my favorite little wizard. Little did I know what Twilight would open my eyes too.....

It started innocently enough. My roommate has all of the Twilight books (hardcover) on her bookshelf in the living room. They just look so pretty all matching and in a row. And then I saw Rob Pattinson (hereby known as RPatz) on E!. Now don't get me wrong...due to the fact that I am an HP lover, RPatz will always be known as Cedric Diggory to me. The hottie from Ravenclaw who was killed by Voldemort (I'm not scared to say his name) at the end of Goblet of Fire. But there he was on E! talking about being a vampire, and I was suddenly intrigued. (Or maybe it was just his sexy British accent that got me....hard to tell...) And then of course, there is the fact that all of my very professional, twenty-something friends are OBSESSED with The Cullen family....their obsession was bound to be contagious.

So I caved. I walked my happy butt over to our bookshelf, took down the first book-Twilight-and began to read. And I couldn't stop reading. Wait. Let me clarify. I was not obsessed after the first book. Heck, I was not obsessed after the second or third books. But the fourth book...Breaking Dawn....wow. That's where it began.

Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. So Twilight. Wow. A very good read. Seriously--Stephanie Meyer is a talented writer and she makes you want to keep reading. And for some reason, she makes you want to be a part of the Cullen family. Twilight was good. New Moon was better. Eclipse was slightly annoying. Breaking Dawn was unbelievably fantastic.

So yes, I'm a Twilight junkie now. My calendar is marked for November 20th, when New Moon makes its theatrical debut. Heck, I may even start a Twilight podcast--you laugh, but it could be a worldwide sensation.

Oh wait..one last comment. The movies. Twilight was kind of a cheesy movie. I loved it, don't get me wrong, but its cheesy. Or maybe its just Kristin Stewart who's cheesy. Yes, that's probably it. Not the world's greatest actress--she kind of makes Bella look like a tard. But RPatz. Damn. Thank you for casting him as Edward Cullen.

And I'm not going to lie.....I want to be Rosalie Cullen. She's kind of a badass and I love that.

"It's just an old, scary story Bella."

3 comments

Addie Courtney said...

Welcome do the dark side...Loved reading this, especially since this time last year I was in your shoes. Now I'm trying to pull myself away from the bookshelf and not go back for round 3. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Now, let's all write to Stephanie and beg her for a 5th.

Jovanna said...

Have you read Midnight Sun? Well it's unfinished but still SOOOOO good. I withheld on that for as long as I could. I seriously think it might be my favorite though. It's the Twilight book, only from Edward's point of view. So there's a LOT of new things to read about. I'm so glad you've converted. Nov. 20th could not come soon enough! However, we're definitely having that Twilight party first! Congratulations. You'll never look back!

Sarah said...

Ha...and you all thought I was nuts when I jumped on this band wagon almost a year ago! I'm so glad the DP's are into it as much as I am! I really think we need to have a Twilight themed party. I know you have thought about it! :-)