Friday, December 3, 2010

take that Pottery Barn!

.


Don't get me wrong. I love me some Pottery Barn. I really do. But c'mon. They were selling a NOEL sign for $150.00. Yeah. You heard me right. 150 bones. dollars. whatever. That's ridiculous.

Even more ridiculous.....

They are COMPLETELY sold out online. You know what that means, right? People were actually buying the sign for $150. A lot of people. So many people.

I'm appalled.

But also inspired. So my friend Melissa and I decided to make our own. And viola!!! Look how awesome it turned out!!!

best part--we did it for under $10.

Thank you Hob Lob for having these awesome wooden letters. Thank you Gorilla Glue for be oh-so-sturdy. Thank you Martha Stewart for your glitter. Thank you Pottery Barn for your outrageous prices--that will be extremely profitable for me!

And thank you Father Christmas for your season! :)

sorry for the quality of pictures. I cannot find my camera cord, so I have been forced to resort to my iPhone has my sole picture taking device. :)

14 comments

Spunky Junky said...

I have been drooling over this sign since I got PB mag in the mail. You did an amazing job! I am featuring you on Spunky Junky today!

Toodles~
Halsey

Cat said...

I ABSOLUTELY love this!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Janna said...

You did a really good job! I like yours better than PB.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Awesome!
That is a friday's favorite for sure :-)

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Fabulous! I love this idea! I think I need to go visit a craft store...

Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

Niki Jolene said...

Amazing recreate!

I think I have found a new fave blog here!

Stop by and see my sometime over at Free 2 Be Frugal.

Betty said...

I sure like the way you girls think! Great job! I invite you to visit my blog on Creative Monday and leave a link for your Noel!

I also post "Share Your Tutorial" on Thursdays and Fun Saturdays where you can leave a linkie.

Angie said...

I love it! I made one too, but out of HUGE letters. I like your smaller size, and the giltter. I'm debating making a smaller glittery one like yours to put elsewhere in the house. Check out mine @http://cowtownkc.blogspot.com/2010/11/pottery-barn-knock-off-noel-sign.html

Jamie said...

LOVE these! I went to HL last week trying to make the exact same thing, and wouldn't you know, they were out of the O and the L. Me, being too impatient to wait (and almost a little too cheap to want to pay 2 bucks a letter...I know) I picked up a piece of foam board for a buck and cut the letters out of that, painted them, glued together and tada! PB for $149 (plus shipping) less than the rest of those suckers paid! ;)

Anonymous said...

Those letters are awesome! You did an amazing dupe on the PB style! Looks great!

xx,
Michelle

Debbiedoos said...

I tell you that is just fabulous! I did a few knock offs myself this season. You did a great job! I am now following...come and visit sometime.

Jana said...

Turned out great! Come link up at Giggles, Glitz & Glam!

http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/12/glam-party-5.html

kelby said...

Thanks everyone!!!!!! These are super fun to make! In fact, I'm making 4 more as we speak! Merry Christmas everyone!

boyd2 said...

And thank you Robert Indiana for creating the amazing LOVE sculpture with the cock-eyed O that inspired Pottery Barn's original in the first place. And where can we find this sculpture? Oh yeah! Right here in Indiana at the Indianapolis Art Museum! Who says we only have corn???