Sunday, February 8, 2009

Was there life before Wyatt?

.

(P.S. I think I'm going to rename this blog, because apparently my sister is a good-for-nothing blogger!)
So Saturday was my Dad's birthday. I went home for the first time since New Year's, which I think might be a new record for me. I love going home. There's just something so calming about driving through New Pal, turning onto Mom and Dad's street, pulling into the driveway. I know this sounds cheesy, but it just feels like everything is where it should be when I'm cruising down 52. Weird, I know.

The fam went out for Dad's birthday to The Weber Grill in Indy. Yum. That place is absolutely fantastic! And I thought it was fitting that we went there for Dad's day...growing up, I loved it when Dad would grill hamburgers and hotdogs for dinner. I love the smell that charcoal grills give off. I just love it! But here's my observation from lunch yesterday....our whole family life now revolves around Wyatt! And I think we are all perfectly OK with that! And it got me thinking...what was life like before Wyatt?

He's so stinking funny. He's growing so quickly...I can't believe he's almost two! Where did the time go? I hate that I haven't seen him since New Years...but I love to see how much he's changed in those six weeks. And since I love talking about my awesome nephew, I'm going to make a list for your reading enjoyment.


1. Six weeks ago, I was "Aunt Tel" because Wyatt couldn't say Kelby. Now, I'm "Aunt Kelby" (or something very, very close to that). It makes me slightly sad, because I LOVED being called Aunt Tel. I thought there was something so sweet about it. But I'll deal with Aunt Kelby. I also love that my sister points me out in pictures to him....because he knows who I am when he sees me, and that makes me happy! My biggest fear about living far away from him was that he would not know me, but I love that I don't have to worry about that.

1 1/2. Not only is Wyatt getting so good at saying "Kelby", but he's saying so many multiple-syllabal words and phrases. For example, Oscar the Grouch, "Andad" (short for Grandaddy), train tracks, Coyote (he can make the sound too which is AWESOME!)....he's so smart. Basically, he may just be a genius.

2. Wyatt can eat with utensils. I know this sounds so small, but he's so darn cute trying!



Well, honestly this list could get really long, so I may as well just quit while I'm ahead. But isn't my nephew the cutest???

He is. I know it. His momma knows it. I think even he knows it.

0 comments