Wednesday, November 4, 2009

26.2 miles. On foot. Here we go.

.

Finally, some pictures of the marathon! Sorry, some of them are not the best. And if you want the full recap of race day... read here.

Packet pick-up/Expo day. Bib #9874! woohoo! (everyone who was working at the Expo were Marines. It was so neat! They would walk past my dad and say "oo-rah sir!" I love it!!)

This is what 26.2 miles looks like on a wall. Yup, looks far even here.

Miles...the Marine Corps Marathon mascot.

How cute is he!?!? Dad was stationed at miles 17 and 19 (the Memorial Mall). Mom was at miles 10, 16 and 22. It was great! The first half (13.1 miles) I felt great...but I definitely needed the motivation from miles 16 on. It was so fun looking for the yellow signs and finding my parents. If you ever have anyone you know running a race, go out and support them! It does more than you could every imagine!


This is at mile 10. I'm still smiling. I felt GREAT here!!! Little did I know how the remaining 16.2 miles would be.

After the marathon. Using my Dad to help me stand.


Post marathon, waiting for the metro. I'm smiling but I can barely move. I'm gripping on my Mom for dear life.





























2 comments

The Gibson Family said...

Girl- you look amazing after running a marathon! Also, love the outfit! Of course, you would have the cutest running outfit there is! So proud of you! What an accomplishment! Can't wait for you and Scott to share stories! He wants to run that one some year. You'll have to give him some tips! Coming to Cincy anytime soon? Miss you! Let's try to get together!!

Anonymous said...

Kelby this is awesome and you should be very proud of yourself. I am running the mini next year and hope to run the Chicago Marathon also. Your family is so proud of you. Way to go KELBY!!!

Kari