Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Twilight Party!

.

Call me 13. Call me a teeny bopper. Call me whatever you want. I don't even care!! But I LOVELOVELOVE Twilight!! Love it. Love the books. Love the cheesy, stupid movie. Love it! (IF you don't believe me, read here.) The best part? My friends not only support this addiction of mine, they encourage it. And they lovelovelove Twilight too!!

Sooo, in honor of the New Moon movie coming out this week (btw, we all have tickets to the New Moon premiere in Indy on Wednesday. Yup, two days before it opens. That's how we roll), I hosted a Twilight Party at my home last night!!

I got TONS of ideas from random internet searching, and the party was awesome!! Everything was red/black/silver themed. Included the punch.


We had chicken enchiladas for dinner (recipe courtesy of my sister!)...because that's a meal that Bella served Charlie one night.
I made sparkly red apple cupcakes to go with the whole apple/Twilight book cover theme. They are delish (Red Delicious and just plain yummy).

No party is complete without party favors!!! (Seriously. I don't think I've met a theme that I didn't love!) I made red/black flowered gloves for everyone, along with bright RED lipstick and nail polish. The gloves are in case anyone ran into Edward or any of the Cullen gang. They are, after all, cold vampires. One must wear gloves to keep warm.

I know, everyone is on Team Edward. I, however, am on Team Emmett. Love me some Emmett. Plus, I have three favorite scenes in the Twilight movie.
#1. When the Cullens are walking into the cafeteria for the first time.
#2. When Jacob and Bella are on the La Push beach and he says, "It's just an old, scary story."
#3. Thunderball. When Rosalie whispers to Bella "That's my Monkey Man." LOVE IT!



Mandy, however, is on Team Jacob. So she was sporting her La Push gear.
Addie is edible art. Always the artist, that girl.





Sarah loves Thunderball too!!
And Lily, sweet Lily, is Renesme! Isn't she so stinking cute holding that apple?! Good to know Sarah is starting the Twilight obsession early!!!







I think it has been decided that this is the FIRST annual Twilight party. Sweet!!!! So excited for all of the movies and the movie premiere tomorrow! Holla!!!





























































1 comment

Mrs. Z said...

Hey Kelby..I'm not into "Twilight" but I'm super impressed with your entertaining skills. Those cupcakes are fab! :)