Wednesday, June 30, 2010

lately I've been Crafty McGee....

.

Ahhh, I LOVE crafting!!! I know this is not a shock to you devoted bloggers, but I love it. It is totally my stress reliever and my release. I love taking just yarn and creating a masterpiece. But lately, I am totally in to taking something without much charm or magic, and making it magical!! Refashioning trashion is totally my favorite! (It totally helps that my hot glue gun has become my most trusted companion....)

Look at this sweet little clutch!! I bought this brown, poop-colored clutch at Goodwill today for $2.99. I have been looking to add more clutches to my accessory wardrobe, and thought I saw a little magic left in this brown, boring old clutch. So it went home with me! I got out my trusted Martha Stewart glitter (hello!! totally my fav!) and mixed it with some Modge Podge so that the glitter would not flake off. I painted several coats on the clutch (after I Febrezed it) and let it try. Then I painted some fake flowers and leaves with that same MP/Glitter mixture and hot glued those on. It wouldn't be complete without some feathers and rhinestones. Voila! DoNe!! I seriously LOVED the way it turned out!!!

I love organization...and I love fun things. So this dry erase board was the PERFECT mixture of the two!! Yes, it's a dry erase board. I can't take the credit....I got the idea from this blog but it was so cute that I had to "borrow" it.

I found a "pretty" frame from Hobby Lobby in their 80% aisle...it was $10. Bought some cute fabric to go underneath it. I painted the frame to match the fabric, hot glued the fabric to the cardboard from the inside of the frame. And it's done!! Use a dry erase marker on the glass, and it works perfectly as a dry erase board. Seriously, these are my new favorite things. Watch out...friends, you might be getting these for Christmas gifts. They are so cute and so useful. LOVE them!!


Last but not least, I am in love with these flowered cuffs. Again, this is not my original idea...but I did add some "Kelby Flair" until it not only looked like something I would make...but something I would wear. (Thank you Ruffles and Stuff for the idea!)
What do you guys think?? Like it? Hate it??

Live it.Love it.Make it.
xoxo
Kelby

0 comments