Monday, August 23, 2010

LC turns 4!

.

As a single girl, nearing the end of her twenties (gasp!), it is most certain that a majority of my friends have little rugrats of their own. I've been to more baby showers than I could possibly imagine and now have a million (actual amount) of kids to buy for at holidays and birthdays! But I love them! I've loved seeing my friends morph from party girls into parents. I've love
d sharing the milestones with them--from first steps to first birthdays to first days of school.

My friend Sarah has two little rugrats--Lily and Connor. Lily (or LC as I call her) turned the big 4 over the weekend! It's crazy that she's already 4 because I remember when she was born--I had literally just moved to Cincinnati and couldn't make it back home to visit LC at the hospital. Wow, four years. Four years ago, I felt like I was embarking on a giant adventure living in the land of chili and Graeter's ice cream--it was the first time (besides college) that I had lived away from my parents. I was in the city that I didn't know, working at a place where I didn't know a soul. All of these things were happening in my life, and Sarah was transitioning into be a mom--caring for a little person who depended on her for everything. Ahh, four years. So much as changed in that time...and yet, so much as remained the same.

Anyway, my little LC and I are pretty close. We have date nights, where we eat chicken nuggets and watch movies (my fav is Princess and the Frog). I love that time with LC--I need to make more of an effort to do that with all of my friends children. Annnnywhooo, Sarah threw LC a Barbie themed bash, so I went over there for a little bit. And as anyone knows, you cannot show up to a little girls birthday party empty-handed!! And while I don't have any pictures of me and the birthday girl, I do have some of what I made for LC.
Every little four year old needs pink, girly clothes! I got the shirt a Meijer, and then took some old t-shirts, cut them up and made flowers out of it. Then I just hot-glued the flowers onto the shirt. I probably should have sewed them...but I didn't. (Sarah--if you're reading this, wash on gentle inside-out and then air dry) :).
I'm not a big baker/cooker/anything in the kitchen (I mean, I can hold my own...but still, it's not my favorite place to be). But I wanted to do something fun for LC, so I made cake in a jar!! So fun, so easy and so delicious!! Watch out friends....I liked doing this so much...it looks like everyone may be getting these for all major holidays!


And lastly, my most favorite gift....cute little Subway Art for LC's room! I got this idea from one of my new favorite blogs to follow Tatertots and Jello. (Here's a Valentines Day example of her Subway Art). This was so cute and SOOOOO fun to do that I've decided to do some for my house too. I'm working on a couple for my dining room, which I should have done soon and I'll post pics!!

Happy birthday LC!!

0 comments