Monday, August 23, 2010

trust and obey

.

Good morning blog-world!! Yes, I'm posting at 5:30am...what up? A little insight into my life--I'm a morning person. My alarm goes off every morning at 4:52am (random time, I know). Usually I get up, make my coffee, take the Yankster out and watch the news while I crochet. I am breaking that routine though. This quiet time...before the day starts...needs to be reserved for God. So I started my morning devos back up, by reading a few chapters in Mark this morning. It's refreshing to find God in the wee hours of the morning. It's refreshing reading about His amazing son's ministry and the people Jesus chose to surround himself with. It's the perfect start to my otherwise hectic/stressful/chaotic day. It's just refreshing being a child of the Most High.

I was sort of a rebellious child. Not anything too crazy, but I back-talked and disrespected my parents a lot and I know I caused them many nights of restless sleep. And I know I'm the same way with God. Not that I necessarily back-talk Him, but I'm pretty sure I disrespect Him more times than I like to think. But I made the decision last week that I just need to obey. It's simple. It's what God calls me to do. Obey him. By doing that, I will trust Him and what he has going on in my life. I will fall into his grace more and more. I will become the daughter that I am called to be. And it all starts with obeying Him. So one of my first acts of obediences was yesterday--tithing. As shameful as it is for me to admit this, I am not a big tither. I am, however, a big shopper. That needs to change. So yesterday at church, I wrote out my 10% check, put it in the box (we have giving boxes at my church) and sat down feeling a little closer to God. That's all it takes...just a simple act of obedience.

This takes me back to my Church of Christ roots:
Trust and obey. For there's no other way, to be happy with Jesus than to trust and obey.
When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

0 comments