Thursday, June 23, 2011

headband (with a side of ketchup)

.

hey kids.....you guys are kids (at heart), right? Anywho....long time, no blog. Well that's going to change, my friends. We're back to blogging...with avegence!! (hopefully)






So what's been going on in The Hicks Girls world? Lots actually. Big Sister Burgess has moved (insert sad face here), had a beautiful baby girl, and is loving life being a mom of two fantastic, gorgeous, adorble kids. Little Sister Kelby has been on vacation, super busy with the 500 Festival Program and the Indy 500, working out religiously, and gearing up for the last summer of my twenties. (ahhhhhh!)

More on all that later. For now...how about a new project?

It's no secret how much I {adore} accessories. And I'm slightly obsessed with headbands (think Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl) and feathers. So let's combine the two. And when you do, you get (what I'm calling) the "A Little Pink in Mexico" headband!!!! Don't you just love it?? This will soon be available on our Etsy site (
www.thehicksgirls.etsy.com).





This is my new styrofoam head form. I think she needs a name and a personality. Hmmmm, maybe that will be our next Facebook contest. (P.S. have you "liked" us on Facebook yet?? The Hicks Girls. Do it. Do it now. You'll have a good day if you do. Pinky promise.)
It's amazing what a little broadcloth and my trust glue gun will get ya. Gosh, I'm in love with this headband. I wore it to work yesterday....it really punches up an outfit!




We are linking here today!


Sisters' Stuff


Fireflies and Jellybeans


Fingerprints on the Fridge


The Shabby Nest


Fun to Craft


Somewhat Simple


Sumos Sweet Stuff


Skip to My Lou

The Girl Creative

Pinkapotamus

Crafts Keep Me Sane

Making the World Cuter

4 comments

Stephanie McDonnell said...

These are beautiful. I would love to see them linked up to our weekly Throwback Thursday link party. Linky open through Sunday.

www.luxeboulevard.blogspot.com

Christy said...

Oh I love those! So beautiful.

adepejuglows said...

Lovely hairpiece!

Kirsten @ Mushki Loves said...

I love the colors! It is awesome! I am your newest follower I would love it if you would follow back! Thanks!