Wednesday, August 17, 2011

30 things to do when I'm 30.

.

The big 3-0 birthday is looming....only 17 days away (September 4th, in case you were wondering.) I'm actually looking forward to this birthday. For awhile, I was dreading turning 30...but then I realized that it will happen whether I want it to or not...might as well embrace it.

Plus as my sweet friend Laken pointed out....30 is the new 21. love it!!


In honor of turning the Flirty 30 (flirty..not dirty) I have decided to make this a year to remember. And because I lovelovelove lists, I've made a list of the 30 things I want to do in the 365 days that I'm 30. I like having goals...and these will be fun to check off the list. And yes, I'll keep ya'll posted on my progress!

Ready? Set. Go!

#1. become fluent in French. I took 8 years of this in high school/college. It's time I picked it back up and become fluent. oh la la.
#2. read the Bible cover to cover. I've never done this before. I need to.
#3. buy stock. While the market is tanking, I'm assuming stock is cheap, right? Plus, this makes me sound uber grown up and responsible.
#4. go to a wine tasting. I like wine. Why not go to a place where you pay to taste it?
#5. learn how to play the guitar. Good thing I know a rockstar.
#6. go to Mardi Gras (again!). February. NOLA. Be there.
#7. pay off the last of my debt. I'm so close...!!
#8. cook a new receipe every week. I will need guinea pigs.
#9. become a Zumba instructor. This is a new obsession of mine.
#10. walk on fire. hot coals, fire. whatever. But yes, I totes want to do this.
#11. go on a picnic in Crown Hill Cemetary. yes, I have a small obsession with cemetaries. I love them. I know its weird, but I love all the history that they have. I've heard that Crown Hill offers one of the best views of the city of Indianapolis. I want to go on a picnic here.
#12. read a new book every month.
#13. grow my business substantially.
It's time for me to take The Hicks Girls to a new level and really get serious about this endeavor. For the longest time, Burgess and I have talked about seriously going into business together...now is as good a time as ever.
#14. have breakfast at Tiffany's. Let's do this Glee style--bagels outside of a Tiffany's store. I want to cross this off the list with Big Sister Burgess. (oh and P.S. I don't eat breakfast food...so I see myself having a salad and a Starbucks!)
#15. buy something from Bendel's or Barney's. Just to say I've done it. And then frame the bag. So yes, a trip to NYC is in my future too.
#16. buy a Burberry trench or a pair of Louboutin's. seriously.
#17. go to dinner by myself. someplace nice. with a book. and wine.
#18. take a hot yoga class. I love yoga and have wanted to try a hot yoga class for awhile.
#19. go gluten-free for a week. This one may be the most challenging.

#20. have a full day at a spa. massages. facials. you name it. I want it.
#21. go to Disney World--and get all of the Princesses's autographs. ahh. yes. totes.
#22. see Cirque du Soliel perform (in Vegas). Go to Vegas is also on my list...so let's just combine these two.
#23. go on a solo-weekend getaway. Complete with sun, wine and surf. :)
#24. plant a garden on my balcony. Not sure why I want to try this...but I do.
#25. learn how to sketch fashion designs. I'm a horrible draw-er--but this might be fun.
#26. learn how to play chess. because I don't know how. And the next time I'm in China, I want to buy a marble chess-set.
#27. run 2 marathons. Because one is not enough...apparently.

#28. write my book. Not a lot of people know this...but I've been working on one for awhile. I need to finish it.
#29. go on a random road trip. I really want to rent a Winnabego and drive someplace random like Mt. Rushmore or Arizona or some place. Who's with me?
#30. be featured in a publication. Whether it be for my career or my celebrity stalking skills (mug shot not required) or my crafting, I want to be featured in something.


here goes nothing....

2 comments

The Gambrel Family said...

Hey Kelby,

I love this list, such a great idea! I didn't realize you had a blog until I saw this post on Facebook. So fun to keep up with you and see all the great stuff you're doing!

If you get a chance stop by our blog:
Www.thegambrel4.blogspot.com

Good luck with the list, being 30 is great!
Andrea

Anonymous said...

I love you & all your crazy list. And hopefully I can be part of at least one of your must dos, cuz frankly, they sound like fun. Love ya and happy 30!!!! Xoxo Mandy