Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I heart Indiana.

.

Unless you've been hiding under a rock for the past few days, I'm sure you've heard about the tragedy at that struck the Indiana State Fair on Saturday night before the Sugarland concert.

Storms came through Indy late Saturday night...and with them a giant gust of wind (about 70mph) that caused the stage at the State Fair to collapse, killing 5 people and injurying more than 40 others. The pictures of what happened are horrifying. The video is even worse.

But what came out of that night are stories after stories of people, not running for their lives, but staying in the midst of tragedy to help out their fallen Hoosiers. The injured helping the injured. Rallying together to save those that could be saved. As Governor Daniels so eloquently put it, "There was a hero every 10 feet Saturday night."

I love living in Indiana. I love everything that Indianapolis is and every that the state stands for. But I have never been as proud to be a Hoosier as I was Saturday night. I'm so proud of this "Hoosier Hospitality" that we are known for--and was shown Saturday night. Truth be told, I could have been at the show. I was offered tickets that day and thankfully, I just didn't feel like going. I'm grateful for that decision, but it also makes me think....if I had be there, would I have fled, or stayed to help? I hope I would have stayed to help.

I heart Indiana.

Left My Heart in Indianapolis {source}


I heart Indiana {source}


Carrying Indiana With Me {source}


Racing Wheels & Rolling Fields (truth) {source}
Indiana Pillow {source}

1 comment

boyd2 said...

I love the one with the conversation heart!

And here's a fun fact about the CatStudio pillows. I was going to buy one at a shop here in town when I realized that the company had misspelled Prophetstown. (They spelled it Profitstown.) I told the shop owner who called the company. No one else had noticed. As you can see on your pic, it's correctly spelled now. We have one (along with a Kentucky and a Tennessee one) on our back porch!