Friday, November 25, 2011

fun with thanksgiving food.

.



Ok so let's have a little bit of a confession time, shall we? 

I'm not super fond of spending massive amounts of time in the kitchen. Truth be told, I do like to cook...but it's really not my most favorite thing to do. However, I am excellent at making appetizers. No, seriously. My old roommate, Adrianne, and I would have "Dip Nights" where we would make 6 or 7 different appetizers and just eat them and watch America's Next Top Model marathons. (We're cool.)
However, I do like to contribute to the Thanksgiving meal. My mom, dad and Big Sista Burg are all amazing cooks...and they usually have the meal taken care of. So I told Momma that I would bring fruit and veggies this year.

And bring them I did.
Last year, I made a cornucopia out of breadstick dough. So I made another one this year out of crescent roll dough (both work equally well, I just prefer the crescent roll dough because it smells better when its cooking).

And then I filled that cornucopia with fresh fruit! It was delish and was our centerpiece on the Thanksgiving table!
And I have to thank Pinterest for this one, but I made a veggie tray that looked like a Turkey! It was so cute and so easy to do.
What did you make this Thanksgiving??



4 comments

Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com said...

The veggie turkey is just too cute! Thanks for the wonderful giveaway over at TT&J!

Jeanine The Crafting Fiend said...

that veg turkey is awesome! hi from tt&J

Anne said...

Love the bread cornucopia! Stuffed with fruit, it almost makes me think of a play on a stuffed turkey :)

Connie said...

LOve the turkey.