Wednesday, October 20, 2010

care packages

.


Meet Chris.
He's in the Air Force.And is overseas right now to an undisclosed location.
Hopefully I'll get to see him in a few months (keep your fingers crossed for January).


So while he is gone, I have taken it upon myself to be the "Care Package Queen". I try to send him something every other week--or every two weeks at the latest. Honestly, I'm actually loving this part of his deployment. I mean, I don't like that he's gone...but I love sending him (and his unit) fun packages.

If you know but at all, you know that I LOVE themes. Any kind of theme. Theme. Theme. Theme. So obviously, I am theming all of Chris's (or CBB as I will refer to him as) packages.


Package #1:
Happy Birthday to Me package
Yes, it may seem weird that I sent him a care package on my birthday--but it was only because he wasn't here to celebrate with me so I wanted him to feel included in all the festivities.

Inside was:
My favorite candy--Dots, Gobstoppers, Runts, Starburst
My favorite Snack Packs--Butterscotch flavors
Birthday candles--a number 2 and a number 9
Birthday party hats
Mini Red Bull bottles
My favorite dipping sauce (I figured he needed some help with the MREs)
Cake in jar--in pink, which (according to CBB) didn't really make the trip halfway across the world, but its the thought that counts
Mad Libs--one of my favorite games

I wrapped up everything like they were birthday presents and sent them on their merry way. I think he liked it!


Package #2
Toilet Paper Theme
Hello!! Can you imagine being deployed overseas and not having the comforts of home--including Charmin extra soft double rolls?????????????
ME NEITHER!!!!!
So that's what he got. An entire box filled with toilet paper.
And inside was the following list:

If you can't read it--it's basically a list of the top 10 things to do with toilet paper! I KNOW he enjoyed this package!

Package #3 and #4
These haven't arrived yet (even though I'm checking http://www.usps.com/ every day!) so if CBB happens to read this, act surprised! :)
Since it's almost Halloween, I went with a Halloween theme on these packages. I sent two at the same time. One was TRICKS and one was TREATS. I'm really excited for him to get these. I think he'll think I'm a teeny tiny bit clever! :)

Tricks Package:
Trix Cereal
Twix candy bars (In case he has a lisp!) :)
Whoopee Cushion
Word Searches and Crossword Puzzles (hope they aren't too "tricky" for him)
Fake teeth
A stupid Halloween mask to wear around the base
Candy Vampire fangs
Fake spiders
Then I covered the whole package with that spider web stuff. That should be fun to open!

Treats Package:
Candy, candy and more candy
Halloween suckers. I covered a whole bunch of lollipops with white tissue paper to make ghosts and then orange tissue paper to make pumpkins. Literally, I covered most of the box with these.
Carmel flavored Starbucks VIA coffee
Pumpkin soap
Did I mention candy?
A skull goblet (kind of dumb, but I couldn't resist)
Some stupid little travel games that I got at Party City. I figured they must get bored over there.
Some Halloween decorations
Oh and I wrapped the entire box on the inside with more of the spider web stuff. He'll hate me but he'll laugh!

I already have my next package in mind. I'll keep you posted--and I'll start taking pictures too!