Thursday, January 6, 2011

does 30 suck??

.

So....2011 is the year. For all of us who were born in 1981.....2011 is the year we all turn 30.

Yikes! 30. Wow. My life is soooo not where I thought it would be when I turned 30...but more on that later.

Last night, the girls (Nicole, Val, Etter and myself) went out to dinner for Nicole's Dirty Thirty!! Nicole is preggo (with a sweet baby boy due in May) so we had to keep the festitivies G-rated, so of course, we headed to Scotty's Brewhouse for some delicious-ness.

I wanted to do something fun to help her celebrate turning the big 3-0. (And I honestly feel like I may have seen this idea on a blog somewhere...but for the life of me, I couldn't remember where. Maybe I didn't. Ahhh, I don't know!)

Anyway.....I decided to give Nicole a "flower bouquet"!This was super easy and super fun to make!

I just took a piece of styrafoam and painted it green. That is what is holding up the Blow Pops.
And viola! Nicole LOVED it!!!

Happy birthday sweet Nicole!! Thanks for letting me celebrate with you!
Love you long time friend! :)





5 comments

Crafts a la Mode said...

Too funny. One of my mother's neighbors told me this once. She said, "when I turned 40 I was miserable for the whole year because I thought I was so old. Now that I'm in my 60's I know I was really young then and should have just enjoyed being that age because no matter what age I'm at, I'm younger than I'll ever be again."
So whenever I think I'm getting old I think about what she said. I'm younger now than I'll ever be.
Best wishes, Linda

Erin said...

This is awesome! No, 30 doesn't suck. Wait til you reach 40 =o)

Cathy said...

OMG...that is too funny!! Thanks for sharing!!

Ellen said...

I found your post from a linky party and loved your idea sooo much i just had to adapt it and use it for my teenage cousins' 15th birthday present! Thank you, they loved it!
I just put pics up on my blog with a link to your original post - hope that's ok?
Thanks again!
Ellen

Unknown said...

LOL! My brother is turning 30 in a couple months...might just have make this! Thanks for the fun idea!