Monday, January 3, 2011

the martha project.

.

Ok so yes, I love Peacock Feathers, but something else that I lovelovelove is Martha Stewart. Seriously. She's the MacGuyver of crafting. She's amazing. She's fantastic. She's awe-inspiring. She's pure genius. I want to not only shake hands with her one day...but craft with her (at her house of course). Hellllllooooooo, bucket list entry!! :)

Sister and Mom love Martha (almost) as much as I do too. Mom's all about presenting things as Martha would (for example...over the weekend, Mom made a Hicks family staple--7 layer Taco Dip--and served it in margarita glasses. Just like Martha would!) To fester my love for Martha, Santa brought me this book (yeah!)

and a subscription to this!
to go along with my current Martha library of this
and (my favorite) this.
So all of this got me thinking. And yes, I have to give Sister credit here because this was mainly her idea last year...but homegirl got pregnant and well, the idea never took off.

Sooooo, new to 2011, I would LOVE to introduce The Martha Project! This project is my attempt to be more like Martha...and beautify my life with her awesomeness.

What is The Martha Project you ask? (and I'm so glad you did).
The Martha Project is my Julie/Julia.
The Martha Project (or TMP as it will hereby be known as...until I can come up with a better title) is a 52 week long endeavor.
One Martha Stewart project every week for 2011.
Between the books listed above and her daily emails (which, I of course subscribe too), I have plenty of inspiration.

52 new Martha projects for 2011. That's one heck of a New Year's Resolution.

Sister will be joining in on the fun when her schedule/babies/sickness/moving allows it. We will also be doing some of the same projects in the same week to show our different spin on it.

Seriously, we're so excited for this! (And secretly, I hope Martha stumbles across this little bloggity blog...a girl can dream, right??)
Here we go!! Week #1's project will be posted in the next day or so!!!

Happy 2011!!!



2 comments

Britni Harris said...

I think this is the greatest idea ever and I know you can do it! I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

boyd2 said...

I'm hooked! Can't wait to see what you do next! :)

And the comment about Burg getting preggers and abandoning the idea herself made me laugh out loud! :)