Saturday, January 8, 2011

TMP Week #1: Glittered Candles

.

Alright kids...it's official. The Martha Project (TMP) has officially begun!!!!!!!!!!!!
(is anyone as excited as I am? ok, just checking.)
It's week #1 and I was searching through my daily emails from good ole Martha and I came across this lovely project. Glittered.Candles. Hello??? Is this not perfect for me??

Luckily, I had these plain jane candlesticks hanging out on my little table...just looking like they needed some glitter.
So, I got out my supplies. Now Martha says that you should use spray adhesive, and I'm sure that would probably be easier to work with.

I, however, did not have any at home, so I just used her glitter glue.
I had all of this Martha glitter in my craft stash--and I'm always looking for fun ways to use it. (P.S. I lovelovelove glitter. Just an FYI.)
And here's the final product!!! Don't they look so awesome!!
Seriously, why have plain candles when they can look so freaking fabulous with a little Martha glitter!
And then I decided I needed a candle for my bathroom (which is in a bunch of different colors), so I went with an orange glittered pillar. Love it!
Oh my gosh, I LOVE this Martha Project idea!! Week #1 was so fun! And my house is going to look so fantastic!!!!






2 comments

Unknown said...

omgosh...I love these candles! such a great idea!

boyd2 said...

These are great! What happens when you burn them?