Monday, September 12, 2011

30for30. recipe #1: chili chicken salad.

.

So. It's official. I'm 30. I'm in my 30's. I'm no longer a twenty-something. I've entered a new decade, a new chapter in my life. 30. It's all new and refreshed and feels somewhat like New Year's Eve...a chance to take the world by the balls and conquer it.

And to be perfectly honest, I'm totes embracing 30. I'm actually excited about this. True, my life is not where I thought I'd be...but it's still sososo great!

Anywho, remember my list of
30 while I'm 30? Well it's begun. And #8 on that list was to try a new recipe every week. So here you go with Recipe #1.

Chili Chicken Salad
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I boiled them)
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (could also use fat free or light mayo)
lime juice (to taste)
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed (next time, I would probably only use a 1/2 cup because I'm not a big bean girl)
1-3 ribs celery, chopped
3 Tablespoons chopped green onions

Cut up cooked/boiled chicken breasts into small, bite-sized chunks. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine Greek yogurt, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Stir to form a sauce.
Add chicken, shredded cheese, beans, celery and green onions. Stirl until everything is evenly incorporated.

Tada! Chicken Salad is complete. I chose to put it over a bed of shredded lettuce and eat it as a salad for lunch one day. It's so good and it is super low-fat and amazingly healthy for you!

0 comments