Saturday, March 19, 2011

BGB's red rose lamp

.

So, Sister had her sweet little babe a few weeks ago. BGB was three weeks early but she's super perfect and amazingly sweet. We just love her!! (more on her later)

Sooo, I have been LOVING all of these crafty girly projects. After just having Big Dub in the family, we were due for some girly-ness. One of my first projects for BGB (Baby Girl Brown, in case you were wondering) was to make her a lamp for her room. Sister decided just to use the same bedding she had from Big Dub, which is all primary colors. With Dub's room, she played up the blue....but with BGB's room, she's playing up the red to make it more girly. And she's also did some Little Red Riding Hood embroidery. It looks SUPER cute!!

Well, I saw this lamp from Pottery Barn Kids (below) a while ago and fell in love with it...but not with the $150 price tag (HELLLOOOOOOOO, mark up!!) So I wanted to create something like this for BGB's room....but spend a lot less.

So I took this old lamp I had gotten from Ikea...and that I have no use for.

(don't you just love my zebra print couch. me too!!!)

Then I went to Hob Lob and got 3 yards of red broadcloth...and got to work.

The final project was.......


TA DA!!!!


Don't you just love it!!?!?! Best part, it only cost me the fabric and a mini-can of white spray paint. I think $12 total! LOVE IT!

It looks so super cute in BGB's room. Totally girly. And I'm in love with all of the flowers!!

1 comment

Jill said...

LOVE IT!! The lamp turned out so well - at much better price than the original you saw too!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/