Monday, March 28, 2011

surrendered.

.

It's just funny. God has such a sense of humor. (sense of humor...a way of knocking me right on my blonde booty...whatever.) I've been struggling with some things recently. Things that are completely and tremendously bigger than I am. And yet, I keep hanging on to them. Hanging on to the hope that I can fix them myself and make them go my way. The way I want them to go. Me. Me. Me. It's funny that I think things are all about me sometimes. Well lately, my dear Lord has been just beating me over the head with the word surrender. Surrender. Just simply give everything over to Him. Because while (some) things in my life are much bigger than me, my God is bigger than them. And then yesterday...the straw that broke the camel's back. Everything that I've been struggling with came to a head at church on Sunday. I sincerely love my church. So very much. And Gary starting talk about Rahab--who just happens to be one of my most very favorite stories from the Bible. And about breaking down the walls in our life. And the one word he kept using was... Surrender. Alright Big Guy...I get the point. Surrender. Surrender all of this to Him. The One who breathed life into my lungs wants to carry this burden for me. The One who sacrificed His most precious creation wants to fulfill the desires of my heart and lead me through this. And why am I so foolish to think that I don't need him? So I did. I surrendered it to My Most High. Now, this will be a daily...if not hourly surrender for me. I will constantly have to lift this up because I'm a total Type A and like to do things myself. But my God knows that about me. And loves me in spite of my craziness. I'll stand. With arms high and heart abandoned. In awe of the One who gave it all. I'll stand. My soul Lord to your surrendered.

All I am is yours.

1 comment

Unknown said...

LOVE this, kelby. i've been going through similar stuff... and yesterday God really spoke to me through my pastor's message. praying for you, friend!! you're awesome.