Monday, March 14, 2011

ruffled cardigan refashioned

.

Hello faithful readers!

Many many apologies for the tardiness in blog posts lately. There have been some exciting developments in the lives of the Hicks Girls lately...but more on that in a future post.

Mainly, I wanted to show you some of the projects I've been working on lately. First up...one of my new favorite things in my wardrobe! This refashioned ruffled cardigan!!

Sister just moved from Lafayette to Evansville, and in the process she made some major donatiosn to Goodwill. Being the sweet and wonderful sister that she is, she allowed me first stabs at most of it and I grabbed some "treasures". The American Eagle cardigan and silk-flowered cami below were two such treasures!

Now, I'm not a simple cardigan girl....so I decided to jazz this one up a bit!

I cut up the camisole and ruffled it some of the pieces. I also took the zipper from the side and the lace from the top/bottom to make some flowers. Then I cut up an old white t-shirt to use as the base ruffle....and TA DA!!!

The final product....and I'm totally in love with this!!




(excuse the lighting of this "artsy" selfie)
Seriously, is this ruffled cardigan not one of the cutest things you've seen!?!?!?!


Here's where I'll be linking up this week!





Sumo Sweet Stuff


0 comments