Monday, March 28, 2011

the couple Perry.

.

(side note--this is actually posted by Kelby. she forgot she was logged in as Burgess. oops).
Remember this boy?

Well this boy has a younger sister (well several actually). And one of them got married this weekend. And it was such a beautiful wedding and a fun reception!

Ya'll know that I love to give original gifts...especially one-of-a-kind Kelby creations. So that's exactly what I did for my sweet Sam (and her cute hubs Josh).

It's funny where you get your inspiration. This came as I was just wondering around Goodwill (sometimes, I just need a good Goodwill fix in my life).

I found this old textbook. And the pages had a classicy vintage weathered look to them.
 And the poems that were in here where by some of my most favorite poets: Keats and Tennyson.

Romantic poems. I can think of nothing else that is more perfect for a wedding gift.
 So I got to work. And this is what I came up with. And I'm 100% in love with it (I hope Josh and Sam Perry are too!!)



We will be linking here this week:

9 comments

A Sailor's Wife said...

Love this!! Such a cute project!

Anonymous said...

This is such a neat gift-I would love this! Following along now from TGC. If you'd like, I'm at:
http://livinglifephotographically.blogspot.com/

Esther Asbury said...

I love using old book pages in my projects -- so neat!

Unknown said...

what a cute project and great wedding gift!

Megan said...

this is a wonderful idea! great gift.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

What a beautiful wedding gift! I'm sure they'll love it for many years to come :)

Caroline (Piorra Maison) said...

Very nice. What a great idea. I am sure they will love it.
I am your newest follower, I hope you can pop on by my blog

Au revoir
Caroline

Ruth said...

Cute idea. I love everything that uses old book pages.

Hope you can stop by and visit my blog.

Ruth

Kelly said...

This is awesome! My best friend is getting married in August and this would make the perfect gift. Do you mind sharing a few more details about how you made it?