Monday, March 14, 2011

every princess needs an earwarmer...right??

.

If you've read this blog for any amount of time, you know that I love making things. More than that though, I love making pretty things for people to wear and giving them as gifts.

Since I am involved with the Indianapolis 500 Festival Princess Program, I decided that I wanted to make something for this fabulous 33 girls (and Queen Mother CoCo) to wear to some of their events. Yes, you read right...that means I would have to make 34 of whatever I decided to make.....and guess what? I gave myself two weeks to complete this project.

Well, since we live in Indiana...the weather in the Spring is ridiculously unpredictable. For example, it will by 47 degrees today and close to 70 on Thursday. The month of May is known for frigid temps at the beginning but will reach 80+ degrees by Memorial Day weekend.

With that in mind, I decided to whip up my easiest creation....ear warmers with giant (emphasis on the word GIANT) flowers. Each ear warmer takes me about 45 minutes to crochet, so I had to get to work and pronto!!!

With the help of my friend Devin (who just happened to be visiting the weekend I needed to have these done....sorry D! I'm sure its not what you had in mind for fun...but I appreciate the help!), I was able to get all 34 of these earwarmers done just in the knick of time!!

I did 17 black with white flowers....
...and 17 white with black flowers. (FYI, the flowers were made out of broadcloth and my trusty hot-glue gun. And now I'm officially obsessed with these flowers. Just you wait...I have more projects that these are making an appearance on.)

The best part?? I have 33 gorgeous models walking around the state of Indiana in some of my creations! Love that!!

0 comments