Wednesday, July 6, 2011

chicago.

.

Fourth of July weekend. Happy Birthday 'Merica.

I spent the weekend in this FABULOUS city!! I love that Chicago is a hop, skip and a jump from me (er...well more like a 3 hour drive, but whatevs).

So Sarah and I hopped in the trust ole Scion and hit the road. And what should our wandering eyes should appear??

This beautiful skyline!!! Ahhh, doesn't it just relax you instantly? (minus all the dang traffic).

We went to visit my dear friend Lindsay. Linds and I went to high school/middle school/Purdue together. She's one of my most favorite people in my life right now and I love that she's making such a fantastic life for herself in Chicago. I don't get to see her nearly enough, but I sincerely love this girl and cannot spend time with her without laughing my arse off!

Our other friend from high school/middle school/not-Purdue Emily (who lived in Chicago with Linds but now has her own condo...with a ROOFTOP view!) had a white party Saturday night!

And if you know me but at all, you know that I never turn my nose up at a theme. I simply adore themes. Like you wouldn't believe.

So we decked out in our (white) finest and headed over to Em's. We felt like P. Diddy. In the Hamptons. What up gangsta?!?!?!?!
We dined on delicious food (grilled out) and then watched all the fireworks from all over Chicago (insert Katy Perry song here). Seriously, fireworks were going off in every direction. I'm so glad Sa-Rah could go with me this weekend! We had such a fun time there...and our trip home was hilarious! Let's just say that we aren't the best singers...but we sing loudly!



Happy Birthday 'Merica!

0 comments