Wednesday, July 6, 2011

shannon and larry's wedding {stuff}

.

I have a super good friend, Josh, from high school. Seriously. He's one of my best, oldest and closest friends. Anyway, he has a little sister Shannon.

I say "little" because when Josh and I were in high school, Shannon was in elementary school and that's how I always picture her! But she's not little anymore. She's grown up. And getting married. This weekend. To an awesome guy named Larry (who also went to our high school. What can I say? Stick with what you know!)

Shannon asked me to tap into my creative juices and help her out with some of her wedding {stuff}. Of course I obiliged. Not only because I lovelovelove weddings. But I lovelovelove Shannon, Josh and the entire Tucker family.

Her wedding colors are teal, purple, hot pink and bright green. Hello?? How could you NOT love that color combo?? Doesn't it scream happiness? I loved it and I knew I would have so much fun with this!

First up...the gift card box. I am toats in love with how it turned out
(P.S. "toats" or "toats mcgee" is short for "totally". I tend to make up my own words.)


I, of course, love any and all things sparkly....so when Shannon gave me creative freedom, I added some bling.




The flowers are made out of broadcloth and ribbon. And I love feathers, so I added some for good measure. Luckily, Shannon loved it too!!






Next up: the flower girl basket and the ring bearer pillow. Their main accent color for the church is purple, so we decided to stick with that for the rest of the goodies.


How do you not love purple feathers?
Oh and excuse my glue gun strings left on the pillow in this picture. My bad!




Last, but not least, the guest book. I actually really love doing guest books because I love refashioning things. So here, I just took an old scrapbook and spray painted it purple (because life is better with a can of spray paint and a glue gun. duh.)


I added some white ribbon, white feathers and some bling...and here ya go!


I also decided to personalize the pages of the book with their monograms (because I also love monograms). I printed the pages on white linen paper! I'm obsessed with how it turned out. Hopefully the bride loves it just as much as I do!!

1 comment

Shannon Lewis said...

Aww I just saw this!! Love it!! I have been reading ur blog for like an hour.. im obsessed!!" You are soo awesome.. love it all :)