Thursday, July 21, 2011

the little sister I never had...

.

Do you guys remember Ali?? She is my sweet Princess that I was paired up with for all things 500 Festival related this year.


Ahh, let me back up...to all you new followers. I'm from the great state of Indiana--specifically Nap Town (Indianapolis) where we love all things racing, fast cars and Colts football. During my senior year of college (8 years ago...YIKES!) I was chosen to be a 500 Festival Princess....a title that I am still so honored and proud to have held. Now, I serve on the Princess Committee and my entire month of May is consumed with the Festival. And you know what...I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Back to Ali. Every year, past Princesses are paired with current Princesses to help mentor them through the crazy time of the 500 Festival. Ali was my sweet, drop-dead gorgeous Princess this year...and we had a blast!!


working the red carpet at the Snake Pit Ball...and then later at the Fantasy 500 Party!


in front of the Pagoda at the world-famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Seriously, this girl makes my day!!


with one of the pace cars!

one of our many, many events!

another event!

at the top of Victory Circle after Dan Wheldon was declared the winner!

blonde bombers. forever.

Race Day!!!

I love this girl for many reasons--but mainly because she makes me feel relevant...which is weird, I know. Honestly, I never imagined how I would impact other people's lives. I always hoped I would in some way, but never really thought about how I would go about that. But through the Princess Program, I've learned that just being myself and loving on a group of college-aged women who are trying to find their place in this crazy and upside-down world is exactly where I belong. Ali and her fabulous Princess Posse (Queen Riley, Laken, Danielle and Christina) call me Big Sista Kelby and I love that! I love that these girls feel like they can call me or text me or Facebook me or whatever with their problems, their truimphs, their concerns, their joys....their life...and just share it with me. I treasure these ladies so much and it is for this reason that I am so eternally grateful for the Princess Program and the sisterhood it provides.

0 comments