Wednesday, September 8, 2010

birthday weekend!

.

I love Labor Day weekend!! No work on Monday. Short work week. And of course...my birthday!!! I turned the big 2-9 this year...what?? How do I only have one year left of my twenties?? I remember turning 20--mainly because it was a week before September 11. But how have 9 years flown by?? My life is not at all where I thought it would be nearing the end of this decade, but I've been on many great adventures and I can only hope that more are in store for me!

To kick off the birthday weekend festivities, me and the gang went to the Kings of Leon concert Friday night! I LOOOOOVVVEEEEE me some Kings of Leon!! They are so good live, and this has become a yearly tradition for the posse. Brian and Melissa came in from Nash-Vegas, and met Kyle, Michelle, Eric and I at Scotty's Brew-ha-ha for dinner/beer before the concert. Then it was off to Verizon for the show. Can you believe that Mel and I actually got cold that night??! We were in the pavilion...with some awesome seats of course...and there was a breeze that could cut you like a knife. Thank goodness Eric had enough sense to bring a jacket....that I wore the entire night! Glad you didn't get cold E!

me and my girl Mel

the boys....and me.
Saturday morning....my birthday...I woke up to my dog whining at me and my phone exploding with Facebook posts! (side note--I love me some Facebook birthdays. My phone was seriously blowing up all day with people writing "happy birthday" on my wall. Love it!)
I met Sister up at Keystone in the morning for some birthday shopping--I didn't buy much but I got seriously inspired at Anthropologie for some new fall projects. Wait for it. I'm sure you'll see them soon!
After shopping, Sister and I went for birthday lunch at Don Pablo's...my fav! I love spending time with my sister. We have so much fun together and I love our sister time! After lunch, we headed to yet another mall for manicures!! I love getting my nails done and this time, we had the new Chanel polish and our nails look fab!! In fact, I need to go invest the $23 in the new Chanel to touch up my nails.....I :heart: nailpolish. Especially dark colors. By the way, the weather Saturday was absolutely PERFECT! Cool. Windy. Sunny. Felt EXACTLY like fall and I loved every minute of it!
After Sister time, I headed over to the 'rents house to spend some QT time with Mom and Dad on my birthday. Love my parents! Love spending time with them. Love that they live close enough I can just pop over there for a couple of hours.
Birthday night started (and ended) at Brothers in BRip. I just wanted a low-key evening with some of my friends playing pool. Sarah and I kind of suck at pool, but it was a good evening.
me and Sarah....besties!

me and Sprinks!

Sunday morning, I went to early service at church with my parents (they always go to early service...I'm usually at third. Those early weekend mornings are not my favorite!) Then I headed up to Lafayette to spend the night at Sister's....and spend some QT with Big W!! I told him that we would build a tent in the living room and "camp" that night. So we got out the sheets and blankets (or "cuddles" as Big Dub calls them) and set up camp. We ended up sleeping there all night and Big Dub did a great job. Although, he did roll over and get in my face at 3:30am...."Aunt Kelbs. Aunt Kelbs. It's not time to get up yet." No Dub, it's not. I think asked him if he was awake, and he said "Kinda." haha! He ended up rolling back over and going to sleep. I was exhausted the next day, but I'm pretty sure camping in the living room may be a new Aunt Kelbs/W tradition. :)


All in all, it was a great weekend and I'm excited to start the last of year of my twenties!




0 comments