Friday, September 24, 2010

my first attempt at reupholstering!!

.

(please excuse the picture qualities on this....I took them with my phone and they aren't the best)


Soooo, this is my first attempt at reupholstering a chair....and I have to say that I LOVED it!! My old boss sold me this chair (before picture) as he was cleaning out his house for a move to D.C. I paid $25 for it and probably spent that much in fabric and piping for the new chair.


Basically, I just took off the old, country bumpkin fabric (one staple at a time, mind you) and used it as a pattern for the new fabric. It took me about a week to do and the finished product is so fun!! It's probably my favorite place to sit and read or sit and crochet in my apartment!!


hmmm...what else can I reupholster now?????

0 comments