Thursday, September 2, 2010

Super-hero Capes for Super-Little Boys (and their Bears)

.

Since Kelby did a Link Party earlier on little girl stuff she's made, I thought I'd join in on today's Link Party over at 733 ("What are Little Boys Made of?).  I made Big W a super-hero cape back around Valentine's Day.  I based it on a tutorial I found on MarthaStewart.com, and made it from satin, with a big "W" on the back.  Recently, Big W's two best "shriends" (his word) were turning four, and one was having a super-hero-themed birthday party, so I made each boy a cape as well.  THEN, Big W and I decided that his favorite stuffed "shriend," Bear, should have a cape, too.  So I made Bear "super" with leftover satin.  I LOVE these.  I am especially pleased with the two most recent capes because I used felt for the emblems on the back instead of satin, and I think they look so much sharper.  (Also, personal plug, for local readers, I will have some of these for sale at Two Tulips closer to Halloween.  For boys AND girls!)  Have a Super-Thursday!





4 comments

Unknown said...

ummm... i want one!!!

those are awesome, burgess! and how fun that cole & knox can have them too! great idea! :)

kelby said...

hahaha I just posted a comment as Burgess. Sorry! Forgot I was logged in under you.

So cute! I can't help but laugh out loud at Big W and Bear! So funny!!!

I want one too....hot pink please :)

Susan Cook said...

Those are really cute, very creative.

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

These are cute. I have a bunch of little boys that I have on my Christmas list this year!