Wednesday, October 5, 2011

30for30: recipe #4: cooked apples.

.



Uh yeah. So I still have so many fracking apples left. I'm at a loss for what to make with them, so I thought I'd just do something super easy....cooked apples. Plus, (again...my texture eating gross-ness), I really don't eat a lot of oatmeal. But I want to integrate more oats into my diet. If I can add some cooked apples to my oatmeal, I'm pretty sure I'll eat more of it. So here goes nothing:

Cooked Apples
Ingredients:
2 pounds cooking apples (or whatevs you got around your house)
3/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup water
1/4 cup unsalted butter

Core and quarter apples (do not peel).


 In a large heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil, covered over high heat.



As soon as ingredients begin to boil, lower heat to a simmer. Simmer apples, covered for 20 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let apples stand, covered, for 10 minutes before serving.

1 comment

Unknown said...

Yum! These sound great...could be a great "healthy" dessert too?