Tuesday, October 4, 2011

apple orchard.

.

Last weekend, I traveled my little happy butt from Indy down to Evansville to spend the weekend with Big Sista Burg and her sweet little rugrats (oh and my bro-in-law Adam).
Actually, I surprised Big Dub--he had no idea Aunt Kelbs (and Rankles) were coming until we rang the doorbell. To see his little face light up when I walked in was my favorite! Love that little stinker.

That weekend also marked the first full weekend of fall.....I totes lovelovelove this time of year. So of course, we had to do some fall fun-tivities! We went to the Apple Orchard near Burgess's house...and Big Dub loved it!

Side Note:  I'm not a big raw apple fan (I have issues with textures...I'm weird. I've embraced it). But I still picked 5 pounds worth of apples. Yikes...what the crap am I'm going to do with all of those apples?

Anywho, we still had a blast picking apples and then throwing the rotten ones as far as we could!  (a little game Big Dub and I made up)

nom.nom.

 
he got one!

Aunt Kelbs and Baby Girl!



making sure Big Dub got the best ones!


we love apples!

of course Baby Girl had to get in on the action!


brother and sister.


yummy!

Big Sista Burg and Big Dub.
We sometimes talk about what life was like before Big Dub and Baby Girl came along. Honestly, I can't remember. It's so fun doing fun-tivities with Big Dub and seeing him get so excited about things. I love seeing the world through that little 4-year-old's eyes. He's half of my heart (the other half being Baby Girl of course). I seriously can't imagine how I'll feel when I have kids of my own because I just love those two so much.

0 comments