Wednesday, October 26, 2011

pinterest-spiration! perfect bridal shower present!

.



Pretty sure that Pinterest is the best thing that's ever been invented!
well besides tampons...TMI? Sorry.
Like any good ole crafter out there, I've been getting A TON of ideas from Pinterest. When I saw this card, I knew I had to re-create it somehow.
And then I got the perfect opportunity! Best Friend's brother is getting married this December to one of the most sweetest and most prettiest (yes, that's a word) girls ever! When Chelsea's bridal shower came up, I knew I had the perfect gift idea!!

Love Subway Art!

Ya'll know I love me some subway art. I do. I love it. It's so unique and so fun to make!
I did some online research and found some of the best couples throughout history. And Caleb and Chelsea are definitely two country kids, so I made sure to include Johnny & June and Tim & Faith. And like most Christians, their faith is rooted in the stories from the Old (and New) Testament so I included Ruth & Boaz, Adam & Eve and Sarah & Abraham.
My favorite part of this Love Subway Art are the couples listed directly above and directly below "chelsea and caleb". Both Chelsea and Caleb's parents are still married (a fact that puts them in the minority) and I wanted to highlight their parents love. Above Chelsea's name are her parents and below Caleb's are Momma and Papa Neier's names.
I had to leave the bridal shower early, so I wasn't around to see Chels's face when she opened it...but I think she liked it. And I loved making it!!

I signed the card..."may your love last the ages." And I have no doubt that it will.

0 comments