Wednesday, October 26, 2011

squirt guns with Big Dub.

.

My nephew, Big Dub (Big Sister Burg's oldest child) is basically my whole world. Well, him and Baby Girl split my heart right down the middle. When Big Dub entered this world, we weren't really sure what to do with that little squirt.

You see....there are only Hicks Girls. Only. My dad is the oldest of four boys, and each boy had two daughters. (And after the four gap between me and our next oldest cousin Logan, all of the Hicks Girls are two years apart. My family is a statistical nightmare.)

We never had sweet little boys running around. In fact, I think this was a legit concern of Momma Hicks...what the crap to do with little boys??

Don't worry...Momma Hicks adapted. And she's the best GG ever!! Big Dub loveloveloves going to GG and Granddaddy's house. One of his most favorite things to do at GG's is...

SQUIRT GUNS!!
I think this is mainly because Big Dub loves to "have a chase" with anyone anywhere. He constantly is trying to get Yankee, or Rankles, to chase him. And he loves "tickle chases" and "sword chases" and just any kind of chase!

When GG and Big Dub play squirt guns, she has a strict "No Shooting in the Face" policy. However, when Granddaddy comes out, he guns straight for the face and Big Dub LOVES it!!!

I can't wait until Baby Girl is big enough to play squirt guns with Big Dub. I love sitting on my parents's back porch and watching Dub run around like a crazy little kid! Melts my whole heart.

0 comments