Wednesday, October 19, 2011

best sister ever.

.


We Hicks Girls are pretty close. In fact, Big Sister Burgess is my best friend and I lovelovelove her dearly. We actually forget sometimes that most sisters don't have the kind of relationship that we have. And honestly, that makes me sad because I don't know how I would get through life without her by my side. She knows me better than anyone and I am so thankful that God put us in the same family!

Big Sister Burgess is one of the best gift-givers in the history of the world. True story. She has a knack for giving the most personalized and fitting presents! (one of the many reasons I love Christmas time)! Well, this year for my birthday she gave me one of the best gifts..if not the best gift...I've ever gotten.

You see, 2 years ago for Burgess's 30th birthday, I hosted a "party" on Facebook for her. I lovingly called it the "30 Days of Burgess's 30th Birthday" and every day for the 30 days leading up to her birthday, I posted a picture(s) of her from a previous birthday growing up. (Thank you Momma Hicks for always taking pictures of us on our special days!) It was quite embarrassing for her (and for me) but I know she loved it...and I loved looking back through all of the birthdays she has had and how much she's changed through the years.

Well Burg did something similiar, but better, for my birthday. Every day...for 30 days leading up to my big birthday..she had one of my friends/someone in my life/co-workers/etc. post on my Facebook wall "I'm glad you were born because..." I loved waking up every morning and reading the new post. I probably cried more times than I'm willing to admit (of course the three that got me the most were the post from my Dad, my Mom and my brother-in-law).

I seriously am so grateful for my sister. She put so much thought into my 30th birthday (not on the Facebook party, but my bracelet from Tiffany's, my manicure and brunch the next day...everything). One of my greatest fears in life is not touching other people's lives...not meaning anything to anyone. And my sister showed me that I have done that...and I'm thankful for her and for that. :) love you Burgile!!

0 comments